What is DUSIC?
The Dusic (Department of Humanities, Social Sciences and Cultural Industries) was born in 2017 from the merging of the existing departments that had evolved from the previous Faculty of Philosophy and Letters.
It embraces the legacy of these departments and in particular their rich and articulate methods of research, study and knowledge dissemination. The Department is the core and fundamental reference point in the University of Parma for research in the fields of humanities, social sciences and the creative arts.
The Department fosters:
- intercultural relationships and dialogue;
- study and transmission of cultural heritage;
- critical confrontation of ideas;
- knowledge in the different fields of research in humanities, social science and the creative arts.
Together with research and teaching activities, the Department is committed to promoting public engagement, in order to share the results of the research projects with the largest number of people and institutions. Scientific and cultural dissemination activities are permanently organized through shows, exhibitions, concerts, conferences and seminars open to the public, life-long learning and capacity building courses, film festivals, theatre workshops, etc.
The Department is organized into eight research and teaching sections:
- Art History, Music and the Performing Arts;
- Italian Studies;
- Modern Languages;
- Psychological and Social Studies;
The following degree courses are offered by the Department of Humanities, Social Sciences and Cultural Industries:
First Cycle Degree
- Artistic and Performing Art Heritage
- Communication and Contemporary Media for Creative Industries
- Educational Sciences
- Modern Foreign Languages and Civilizations
- Philosophical Studies
- Italian Language and Culture for Foreigners (online course)
Second Cycle Degree
- Classical and Modern Philology and Literature
- Design and Coordination of Educational Services
- History and Critic of Arts and Performance
- Journalism and Publishing Culture
- Languages, Cultures, Communication
- Social and Clinical Applied Psychology
First and second level Masters, research doctorates, permanent training courses are part of the postgraduate course catalogue offered by the Department of Humanities, Social Sciences and Cultural Industries.
For further information, visit the website: https://www.dusic.unipr.it/en/department.